You might be falling behind on your trips to the salon, but that does not mean you cannot give your nails a makeover. From French tips to neon nails, you can get as creative as you want with the best nail brushes .
Here, I’ve listed some of the best acrylic nail brushes available for you.
Best Kolinsky Acrylic Nail Brushes
If you’re looking for an acrylic nail brush made from Kolinsky fur, I recommend the PANA USA Acrylic Brush.
Key Product Features
This round brush from PANA is at the top of my list of the best acrylic nail brushes because it makes nail painting effortless. Its soft and flexible bristles are made from 100% Kolinsky fur. A size 8 PANA nail brush has brush tips measuring 0.3 inches x 0.9 inches.
The 7-inch brush handle is easy to hold, allowing you to create intricate designs. The best part? You don’t have to worry about shedding, thanks to its striking pink ferrule.
- Made from premium Kolinsky fur
- Lightweight and portable
- Slim and attractive design
- Gorgeous blue and white handle
- Great for shaping, fixing, and adding details
- No shedding
- Works well for professional beauticians and home manicurists
- Bristles may spread out if not stored properly
- Takes time to break into a new Kolinsky brush
Customer Reviews For Kolinsky Acrylic Nail Brushes
Don’t take my word for it. A whopping 75% of customers have given this PANA brush a 5-star rating. Some of them even claim that the brush is one of the best nail brushes they’ve ever used at home.
Best Acrylic Nail Brushes for Beginners
Have you recently gained an interest in nail art? If you are keen on giving it a try, go for the Morovan Acrylic Nail Brush.
Key Product Features
This sparkly nail brush makes it easy to give your nails a facelift at home. Morovan’s oval-shaped brush has bristles made from top-quality Kolinsky hair. I love the glam vibe of the transparent and glitter-filled handle.
If you’ve just started painting your nails, choose a size 8 brush. It’s the ideal size for applying an acrylic base on your fingernails and toenails. To get the best results, shape the brush tip with a wet paper towel after every use.
- Easy to control
- Sturdy, flexible, and lightweight
- Great for extended use
- Minimal shedding
- Fashionable handle design
- Needs to cleaned with liquid monomer between applications
- Must be kept out of direct sunlight
Customer Reviews for Morovan Acrylic Nail Brushes
After using this nail brush, 53% of customers gave it 5-star ratings. Some commenters like that it works for tiny fingernails. However, a few recommend pre-flattening the brush before use.
Best Oval Acrylic Nail Brushes
Do you want to combine the benefits of flat and round nail brushes? Your best bet is the PANA USA Oval Crimped Kolinsky Hair Acrylic Brush.
Key Product Features
This brush has a versatile oval tip that’s great for applying UV builder gels, filling in existing extensions, or applying new gel nails. Simply press down on the brush to get the tip crimped and pointy. Acrylics can be used as nail polish, so it’s worth getting a great oval brush.
At 6.9 inches in length, it’s a handy addition to your beauty kit. The brush has a stylish mahogany wood handle with a silver ferrule. Like all PANA brushes, this product is made from genuine Kolinsky hair.
- Made from top-quality Kolinsky sable fur
- Can be crimped to get a pointy tip
- Has a sweat-resistant wooden handle
- Provides excellent grip and flexibility
- Lasts for a long time
- Can have its shape destroyed if not stored carefully
- Requires some expertise to use
Customer Reviews for PANA USA Oval Crimped Hair Acrylic Brush
If I can tell you anything about PANA nail brushes, it’s that they’re worth every penny. This brush in particular gets top ratings from 75% of customers who have used it. Both nail experts and beginners have gone on to say that this brush gives them the best control.
Best Flat Acrylic Nail Brushes
Rounding up my list of best acrylic nail brushes is the SILPECWEE Acrylic Nail Brush Set. This is the only one that comes in a set. I cannot wait to tell you how it works.
Key Product Features
SILPECWEE’s nail painting set comes with three brushes with the following tip measurements:
- 4 millimeters x 7 millimeters
- 4 millimeters x 8 millimeters
- 5 millimeters x 9 millimeters
Each flat-headed brush is fitted with soft nylon bristles. It comes with a metallic ferrule that goes well with the chameleon handle.
You can do a lot with these brushes. Whether you’re applying UV gel or shiny glitter, this set does it all.
- Multipurpose brushes
- Easy to clean
- Great grip and user-friendly
- Long-lasting design
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- May leave brush marks on finished nails
- Made from synthetic materials
Customer Reviews for Flat Acrylic Nail Brushes
The SILPECWEE Acrylic Brush Set is a top-rated product because it offers great value for your money. At less than half the price of a Kolinsky brush, you still get a durable and effective tool. No wonder 76% of Amazon customers give this set a 5-star rating.
Acrylic Nail Brush FAQs
Do you still have questions about selecting the best manicure kit? If you’re unsure about buying or caring for your nail products, I’ve got you covered.
How Do You Choose an Acrylic Nail Brush?
It can be overwhelming to choose from the wide range of brushes available on the market. Compare the following features, and you’re set.
- Size – Nail technicians recommend a size 8 brush, which is both versatile and user-friendly. This size is great for painting smaller fingernails.
- Shape – Long-tipped brushes are ideal for drawing lines. Shorter ones work well for designs like flowers.
- Handle – Choose one that is non-slip and easy to control. Check that the ferrule is secure to avoid shedding.
- Design – Brush handles come in monochromatic or multicolored patterns.
- Cost – Bristles made from synthetic materials like nylon tend to be cheaper than those made with natural sable.
- Material – If you can afford it, buy brushes made with Kolinsky hair. Nylon brushes can be a great option for adding finishing touches.
- Quantity – You can buy a single piece or a set with brushes of different sizes.
What Size Brush Should You Use for Acrylic Nails?
If you ask the nail art gurus, they will tell you a size 8 brush works the best for acrylic nails. Sizes 20-22 work better for long nails. For mid-length nails, choose between sizes 16 and 18.
What’s the Best Acrylic Brush?
This depends on your experience with nail styling, preferred designs, and budget. It’s difficult to pick a single product as the best acrylic brush, that’s why my list above has more than one recommendation.
Can You Use Any Nail Brushes for Acrylic Nails?
Professional nail beauticians can work their magic even using a normal paintbrush. But if you want consistently beautiful nails, don’t settle for mediocre brushes. I’d advise you to go for top-quality nail brushes.
Standard paint brushes are not meant for acrylic application. They don’t offer the maneuverability needed for tiny details. You’ll end up struggling with loose bristles and clumped polish. These brushes are also difficult to clean.
How Do You Clean Acrylic Nail Brushes?
It’s easy to clean acrylic nail brushes. Simply soak the tips of your brushes in acrylic monomer between 2 and 12 hours. Then, rinse them off with warm water and let them air dry. You can tap off excess water using some tissue paper.
Cleaning is important as it prevents clumping and shedding. It also ensures that your brushes are hygienic. Keep in mind that you should not expose brushes to direct sunlight.
I am a big believer in makeup as art. Your nails can be your canvas for self-expression. With these nail brush recommendations, you can give yourself gorgeous acrylic nails at home.